Thursday, March 11, 2010

Addiction

This poem got published in my school Newspaper!
I close my eyes
And imagine you
Wrapping your arms around me
Your hair all askew

I smell your scent
Mingling with mine
I feel your warmth
Just one last time

I hear your voice
Whispering in my ear
But it starts to fade
Can you feel my fear?

It seems so strong
As you slip away
I open my eyes
That’s all I get today

You’re my addiction
That I can’t satisfy
Every part of my being
Longs to defy

I think up ways
To get to you
Throughout the days
It’s all I can do

My mom’s starting to miss me
My dad is too
But I just don’t know
How to live with out you

I start to feel guilty
When I look at my mom
But then I see your face
And nothing seems wrong

I can leave reality
If only for awhile
And it all happens
Because of your smile

You’re my addiction
And I can’t satisfy
Every part of my being
Longs to defy

Now I’m trying to hide you
But I don’t know if I can
It’s getting really hard
What if it all hits the fan?

I can’t stand this lying anymore
And I let it all go
The look on their faces makes me wish
They didn’t know

Things are going downhill
They try and close the door
And still
I come back for more

But this is where it ends
They’ve had enough
You’re going away
They’re willing to play rough

You’re my addiction
That I couldn’t satisfy
Every part of my being
Still longs to defy

No comments:

Post a Comment